Tuesday, April 17, 2012

BLOG # 3 PRODUCTION NOTES


The experience of creating a video based on an interview was very helpful, in order to understand how to organize and how to edit a video portrait. Having only the sound of the interview initially, leaded me to create a narration with a beginning, middle and end. Once I knew the structure, order and objective of the film, it was easier for me to know the footage that I needed, and what exactly I was looking for in my shots.

The most difficult part of the process was editing, I did not have experience on it, so when I was logging my video on Final Cut, I did not label it by specific scenes or shots. This cost me a lot of time, because when I was editing, it took me a long time to find specific sequences or shots that I needed. The formatting of stills and videos from Internet also gave me a hard time, since I needed to change it and sometimes adjust the aspect radio, color and things I did not know before. I liked the content and narration in my project.

If I had the opportunity to go back, I would go and transcribe what was said in the interview, this would help me to improve the dialogue, and also to create better transitions and video edits. When you do not have the dialogue transcribed in front of you, It’s more difficult to properly make an edit and a transition that involves all the tracks you are using.     

No comments:

Post a Comment